The Centenary of Anzac Centre offers short professional development seminars for practitioners and organisations to help provide practical and effective support and treatments. The seminars have been developed based on consultations with practitioners, professionals and organisations, and they are suitable for support workers, community workers, mental and allied health practitioners and medical practitioners.
- Understanding the veteran experience
- Updating best practice – for specialist mental health and medical providers
- Medication information for non-medical practitioners – for specialist mental health providers
- Medication information for medical practitioners
- PTSD diagnosis: how to use assessment tools – for specialist mental health providers
- Brief interventions to manage distress
- Managing problematic anger
- Engaging with mental health professionals – particularly for ESOs and veteran advocates
- Neurobiology/neuropsychology of PTSD – for specialist mental health providers
- Working with families
For information about upcoming seminars call the Centenary of Anzac Centre Practitioner Support Service on 1800 VET 777 or email us. You can also access our online resources and practical tools on veteran, trauma, and general mental health topics.