These resources include information and practical tools for assessing, treating and supporting people with a range of mental health problems.
Screening, assessment and diagnosis
- DASS21: A 21 item self-report screening tool for depressive, anxiety and stress symptoms.
- Alcohol use measure (AUDIT): A 10-item practitioner-administered screening tool for risky alcohol use.
- National Quality Measures Clearinghouse: A free US database containing information about evidence-based health care quality measurement tools. Access is free.
Clinical guideline portals
- Australian Clinical Practice Guidelines Portal: A database of Australian clinical practice guidelines for a range of mental health and physical conditions. Access is free and open to the general public.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE): The UK’s National Institute for Health and Care Excellence provides guidance and advice to improve health and social care through the development of evidence-based guidelines and quality standards. Access is free, however some sections are geographically restricted to the UK.
General treatment resources
- Mental Health Professional Online Development (MHPOD): An Australian evidence-based online learning resource with over 100 hours of material for people working in mental health. Topics include recovery, engagement, assessment, relevant legislation, ethics and managing comorbidity. Access to MHPOD is free but requires registration.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) training: A free online resource for Australian practitioners working with people with traumatic brain injury. The website contains self-study modules, toolkits, and materials for workplace learning.
- Mental Health Professionals’ Network webinars: The MHPN has a webinar library providing access to past webinars on a wide range of mental health topics.
- Better Health Channel: This Victorian Government website provides up-to-date, evidence-based, and locally relevant health and medical information.
- Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement: Information about bereavement workshops, courses, webinars and more can be found on their website, along with information about counselling, support groups and secondary consultation.
- Head to Health: An Australian website that helps to connect individuals to online mental health information, resources and services.
- eMHPrac provides free e-mental health training and support for health practitioners – GPs, Allied Health Professionals, as well as service providers working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Access free guidance and support