The Practitioner Support Service offers a range of free 2-hour educational seminars to assist you and/or your staff in providing practical, effective support and treatment for veterans.
Understanding the military and veteran experience is critical to providing effective help, support, and treatment, as is using the most effective, evidence-based strategies.
Our seminars are suited to a range of roles, including support workers, community workers, mental and allied health practitioners, and medical practitioners. The seminars are presented by highly skilled clinicians and can be tailored to the context of your work and the needs of your staff.
These educational seminars represent 2 CPD hours and certificates of attendance can be provided.
If you are interested in hosting a Practitioner Support Service educational seminar, please contact us. To assist us in progressing your enquiry please include your preference of topics, indicative dates, audience details (number and practitioner background), information on the availability of presenter facilities and any other relevant details.
- Understanding the Veteran Experience: for a range of helping professionals.
- Update on Best Practice: for specialist mental health and medical providers.
- Medication for Non-Medical Practitioners: for specialist mental health providers.
- Medication Information for General Practitioners & Psychiatrists: for medical practitioners.
- PTSD Diagnosis – How to Use Assessment Tools: for specialist mental health providers.
- Brief Interventions to Manage Distress: for a range of helping professionals.
- Managing Problematic Anger: for a range of helping professionals.
- Engaging with Mental Health Professionals: for a range of helping professionals, particularly Ex-Service Organisations and veteran advocates.
- Neurobiology and Neuropsychology of PTSD: for specialist mental health providers.
- Working with Families: for a range of helping professionals.
- Veteran Mental Health Symposium: Presented in conjunction with the Veterans Centre, Sydney Northern Beaches, we delivered a presentation on current, new and innovative evidence-based treatments for veterans.
Access free guidance and support